ERA-Net SUSFOOD: Transnational research projects for sustainable Food Systems
Session chair: Nikola Schulz, coordinator (Jülich) & Christophe Cotillon (ACTIA)
Date: 14 November 2017
Time: 11:00 – 13:00
Location: Tramuntana 1
The aim of this session is to introduce the results of 11 projects funded by ERA-NET SUSFOOD (2010-2014). Each project will be presented briefly in 10 minutes by the project coordinator or partner, pointing out the main objectives, results and impact.
The SUSFOOD ERA-Nets, the first project under FP7 (2010-2014), the second project (2017-2021) under the Horizon 2020 framework programme, consist of a network of national research funders and agencies. The aim of SUSFOOD(2) is to foster research and innovation in the field of sustainable food systems through enhanced cooperation and coordination between EU member and associated states. It is thereby contributing to the overall EU objective of building the European Research Area as well as a newly emerging Food Research Area. Major challenges will influence future food chains asking for innovative solutions to:
- respond to increased demand for food by increasing production sustainably (Food and Nutrition Security),
- make optimal use of resources while mitigating impact on the environment,
- reducing losses and waste,
- follow a whole food chain approach from production to consumption,
- improving competitiveness of the European agri-food-business,
- SUSFOOD(2) focusses on sustainability in post-harvest food production and consumption, thus covering relevant fields from natural sciences to food engineering and social sciences.
For more information visit www.susfood-db-era.net.